3 Step Recruitment is currently hiring for a Wholesale Warehouse Manager in the Toronto/Etobicoke area. This is a great opportunity for someone with experience working in a unionized environment. We are looking for someone with thick skin, someone who can be firm but fair. Knowledge of maintaining food safety programs is a strong asset. This person will be working in the wholesale/warehouse for this large fresh food distribution company. This is a cold environment, must be comfortable with that.
Pay: 70K to 75K
Hours: Monday to Friday – 6am to 3pm, Sunday: 6AM to 12PM
Benefits after 3 months.
- Manage up to 14 unionized staff
- Hands on management of day to day warehouse operations of the respective area of responsibility.
- Coordinate the shipping, receiving, warehousing of product, order picking, and cycle counts with other supervisors, office staff and management to ensure all client orders are accurate and shipped on time in accordance with client specifications.
- Making sure wholesale environment/warehouse environment runs smoothly and flowing in and out correctly
- Approving payroll hours
- handling all disciplinary actions and grievances
- Ensure all warehouse employees are properly trained in health & safety policy / procedures and receive on the job training in order to perform their jobs in a safe manner.
- Promote Health & Safety on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the Warehouse by ensuring all work areas and clean, orderly and in compliance with Health and Safety practices.
- 3+ years working in a supervisory role in a unionized environment
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Someone with a strong and firm personality
- Someone with experience in Food Safety Program is an asse
- keen attention to detail – product codes, description, quantities and pricing etc.
- Capacity to work in a deadline and decision-making environment.
- Ability with face-to-face interaction, trouble shooting and multi-tasking.