Our client in the Brantford area is currently looking to hire a Quality Control Analyst 1 who is responsible to provide a variety of tests on raw materials, in process and finished products to ensure their quality and integrity to the client’s standards.
Salary: $14 – $20 per hour + perks
3 must haves
- HPLC & GC
- Experience within a lab (they can be someone who have experience through school and not in through work) 3. basic testing skills (ie. pH, fluoride, viscosity)
Duties and responsibilities
- Sampling of raw materials, packaging components, in-process and finished products.
- Compiling test methods for the incoming samples to be tested by analysts.
- Perform Line start up, product check and equipment cleaning verification.
- Perform testing of packaging components.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis on raw materials, in process and finished products according to compendia and regulatory requirements for QC release.
- Ability to perform analysis independently using Karl Fischer, Refractometer and wet chemistry techniques.
- Perform testing on validation samples.
- Maintain a clean and tidy workplace and cleaning duties as required.
- Report to supervisor any out of specification result, non-conformances or deviations.
- Prepare the samples for outside testing and all documentation pertaining.
- Testing of finished product samples part of “Customer Complaint”.
- Assist with and perform testing of packaging components and purified water.
- Advise Supervisor if samples need to be sent outside for testing.
- Advise Supervisor of any out of specification results, non-conformances or deviations.
- Comply with ISO 9001 specifications and GMP/GLP regulations.
- Will follow the responsibilities as outlined in the Ontario Health and Safety Act.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- College or University graduate in Chemistry or related discipline or Equivalent.
- A good grasp of basic computer skills is mandatory – Word & Excel.
- Candidate must be self empowered and take initiative as well as have the ability to function as a team player.
- Candidate should own safety shoes.
- Candidate should be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Organizational skills to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Candidate should have at least 1 to 2 years of industrial experience (Pharmaceutical preferred)