Our client, a formwork company is currently looking to hire a Project Technician to join their team.
Must have AUTOCAD drawing experience and a degree in engineering.
This role will be 80% in office, 20% on the road
This individual will produce AutoCAD drawings and material lists that represent the proper use of this client’s concrete forming equipment for customers. Will provide technical assistance to the sales department from the preliminary stage of a project to its completion.
- Works with sales to produce AutoCAD drawings during the proposal stage and finalizes working drawings for site use, utilizing forming systems.
- Provides material lists for quotations and shipments to the site.
- Produces and ensures that the drawings indicate the proper use of client’s forming equipment and that the drawings represent safe, economical and efficient designs.
- Provides analysis and design/price calculations as required (based upon level of experience and education).
- Ensures that the work is designed with available inventory and in conformance with contractual guidelines.
Other Responsibilities/Peripheral Functions:
- Participates in job site visits, identifies any improper implementation and can take action insuring corrective measures are immediately implemented.
- Other duties/projects as assigned, such as participating in company committees/teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering (civil, construction, structural, mechanical) and/or equivalent technical school education.
- 1 year (minimum, preferably more) experience in concrete forming, shoring applications and design an absolute MUST.
- Excellent communication skills including an excellent command of English (speaking, reading, writing).
- Qualitative abilities including strong analytical skills, technical proficiency and effective problem solving skills.
- Experienced in AutoCAD (mandatory), project management software and computer applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Willing and able to learn new products, concepts and techniques.
- Organized team player able to work in a deadline driven, fast-paced and multi-cultural environment.