Our client in the Brampton area is currently looking to hire a Production Supervisor to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
We are potentially looking for someone that has worked in a similar manufacturing environment ( Automotive, Bakery, Plastics, Metal Manufacturing)
Hours: Rotating 12 hour shifts (monthly or bi-monthly) 8AM to 8PM, 8PM to 8AM
The Production Supervisor supervises hourly staff on a continental shift within a 24/7 operation. Manages high volume manufacturing processes to meet operational objectives. While working within an industrial plant, this individual will supervise, plan, lead, and direct activities of personnel.
- Plan and lead the activities of production processes and personnel in all shifts
- Direct production operations in accordance with established priorities and sequences for manufacturing products
- Advise plant managers about production issues
- Meet or exceed goals established for safety, labor efficiencies, schedule attainment, scrap, rework, and any other production related goals.
- Train new employees in the manufacturing operation as needed;
- Ensure compliance with company safe operating policies and procedures.
- Monitor the performance of all personnel and activities under supervision on a regular basis
- Ensure all production equipment/processes are operating at optimum rates
- Report all equipment and building deficiencies to the Maintenance Manager
- Analyze and resolve work issues and assist workers in solving work problems.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by Management.
- Post-secondary education in Engineering or equivalent technical work experience.
- A minimum 3 years of experience in a 24/7 running manufacturing facility.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a supervisory/team leader capacity with demonstrated leadership skills including mentoring/coaching of personnel.
- Strong communicator, both written and oral, who is confident, decisive, able to deal with conflict and yet achieves win-win results.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot various equipment operations to minimize downtime and put forward corrective actions.
- Experienced in computer and other production related software applications.