Our client in the Vaughan area is looking for a HS&E Supervisor to join their team. This position
assures compliance with all legislative requirements regarding Health, Safety and Environmental standards. In this role you will also be consulting, providing expertise and advice to managers and other team members in all aspects of Health, Safety and Disability Management. You are a solutions-oriented leader with a deep knowledge of the Workplace Safety & Insurance Act and the WSIB and WSIAT appeals process, OHSA legislation, and other applicable legislation.
- Providing support in all areas of health and safety including: early and safe return to work, accident & incident reporting, modified work, first aid, medical assessment
- Provide a range of Health, Safety and Disability Management expertise, consultation and advice to management staff and other teammates in all aspects of health, safety and disability management.
- Provide consultation in all areas of Disability Management such as planning, implementing, advocating, promoting and monitoring of occupational and non-occupational disability management strategies and programs
- Provide guidance on an ongoing basis to management staff on disability matters, including consultation of Return to Work for injured workers.
- Act as the advocate with the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board, including at WSIB hearings and before the Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal.
- Coordinate clinics as part of a medical surveillance program
- Report on HR and HS&E statistics and incidents on an ongoing basis
- Track and coordinate HS&E training programs
- Support HR department in variety of HR related functions
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in related discipline, (i.e. Human Resources, Health and Safety etc.), or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years of practical experience in a disability management role.
- Proven verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and maintain productive working relationships with all levels within the organization
- Ability to effectively train teammates on HS&E related issues
- Ability to involve teammates and management in safety concerns and solutions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all legislative requirements (Ontario Human Rights Code, Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.)
- Considerable work experience with WSIB claims management, practices and procedures, including the WSIB and WSIAT appeals process and preparing written submissions
- Considerable experience with data management and reporting systems for disability management.
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Background knowledge of ergonomic principles, an asset.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing is an asset
Thank you for applying however only those with the above qualifications will be considered for this opportunity.