Our client a well known company within their industry is currently expanding and looking for Sales Representatives in the British Columbia and Saskatchewan/Manitoba regions. We are looking for industrial sales experience, preferably stainless steel experience.
We are looking for 1 sales rep in BC and 1 to handle the SK/MB area
Salary: 60K base + commission
Who you are
You are passionate about sales. You know how to articulate a focused message to your clients clearly. You pride yourself in being able to locate and contact the right people and consider yourself an expert at getting in the door of a new client. You are detailed oriented and can make connections that others may miss. You are equally comfortable working alone as you are with a partner. You need minimal guidance to reach the desired outcome and can chart your own best path and learn from mistakes along the way.
General Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Establish and develop prospective customers through a relationship-based approach within an assigned territory.
- Cultivate customer relationships that ensure long term retention and future sales opportunity.
- Handle inbound/outbound calls and convert them into sales.
- Accurately calculate price quotations, discuss credit terms, prepare sales orders and compile reports with accuracy.
- Respond and follow up with customers in a timely and professional manner.
- Investigate and expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints while managing expectations.
- Ensure a balance between exceeding customer expectations and achieving business profitability.
- Submit oral and written reports on weekly sales performance as well as customer opportunities, challenges and revenue potential with recommendations.
- Coordinate sales effort with other departments and facilities.
- Update changes to existing accounts and enter new customer information into corporate database.
- Conduct proactive sales efforts to expand business including cold calling prospects.
- Collaborate with management to determine effective strategic sales approaches.
- Meets sales goals and objectives.
- Travel throughout the territory is required.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
General Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Post-secondary education and/or direct new business prospecting, cold calling and sales.
- Experience in a Steel Service Center or Industrial Fabrication setting is preferred.
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving, conflict resolution and negotiation skills with the ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach).
- You have strong business wisdom with the ability to speak knowledgeably to all clients.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills with the ability to negotiate, influence and to build relationships.
- Strong customer management and follow-up skills.
- Detailed oriented with a strong math aptitude.
- Analytical skills required to determine client business needs and requirements.
- Competitive and self-motivated attitude.
- Team player and an expert in collaboration and communication.
- Proficient with MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook).