Our client in the Etobicoke area is currently looking to hire an Admin Assistant with Construction experience.
Provides general office support and services to Project Managers, Directors and Superintendents. Ensures proper project documentation is complete, relative to project requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, however, other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Adheres and ensures our client’s safety policies and procedures are practiced following the SafeRing Program
- Reviews Project Orientation packages with all employees
- Types, files and distributes forms, correspondence, maintains logs, etc. from project start-up to project closeout, Including but not limited to:
- Letters, Transmittals, Memos, Meeting Minutes, Daily Reports, Request for Information (RFI) Log, COR Log, CO Log, Weather Day Log, Submittal Log, Cost Code Log, Correspondence Log, Set up and maintain first aid kit
- Maintains field office organized and clean
- Answers phones, and forwards messages; Processes incoming/outgoing mail or courier
- Orders office/cleaning supplies & other consumables
- Assists in tracking and monitoring productivity data
- Forwards purchase order requests to purchasing and follows-up in expediting the materials required
- Forwards paper work to the Tools and Equipment department as required and follows-up ensuring the equipment has arrived on site
- Maintains the filing system for contract documents in accordance with auditing procedures
- Ensures correspondence/drawings received are date stamped
- Enters drawings on excel spreadsheet, as well as copying and distributing drawings as required
- Takes and distributes meeting minutes when applicable
- Ensures office equipment is maintained and is in good working order
- Provides to the Payroll department, payroll reporting and time sheet calculations
- Ensures shortages and layoffs are sent to the Payroll department for processing
- Provides the Payroll department by email/fax with notices of layoffs including employees last day and follows up to ensure shortages/layoffs were received
- Provides the Payroll department with an employee distribution list for pay cheques
- Provides general field office and project control support to the project (size of project will determine the percentage of time devoted to project controls)
- Codes, forwards or approves invoices in Workflow
- Prepares Submittals
- Sets up local vendors (Bid Tabs), (e.g. Trash service, Johnny on the Spot, Ice, etc.)
- Performs other administrative duties
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Recognizes safety as a top priority of the organization
- Wears personal protective equipment on the project site
- Adheres to our client’s Quality Management System
- Adheres to policies and procedures
- Delivers professional customer service
- Adopts a teamwork approach and willingly supports coworkers
Education, Experience and Skills
Post-secondary degree/diploma in Business Administration or equivalent combination of education, plus 3 to 5 years of some construction experience. Advanced working experience with Outlook and Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Prolog software skills are an asset.
Technical and Mental Skills
- Practices good communication skills
- Reads, analyzes and interprets documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Writes routine reports and correspondence
- Effectively presents information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Applies concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions
- Organizes and manages time, duties and activities efficiently
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Physical Demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to meet these demands.
Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Occasionally required to stand and walk. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The office work environment provides a safe and healthy environment, is adequately heated and cooled, is free from exposure and extreme conditions, has appropriate lighting and office furnishings and is smoke-free and drug-free.
While performing the duties of this position at the project site, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Job Type: Full-time