Are you a 310T Mechanic looking for an exceptional organization to continue your career? My client in the Etobicoke area is looking for a Full Time Mechanics for their fleet organization.
You would Report directly to the Fleet Manager, be responsible for all aspects of the repair and maintenance of the Toronto fleet. As the fleet department expands, this will be an excellent opportunity to get in at the ground floor and build seniority with this highly regarded leader in the their industry.
You are responsible for performing minor and major mechanical repairs for the fleet vehicles and mentoring other mechanics.
We have Monday – Friday day shifts available. Day and afternoon shifts available Monday to Friday
You will have the opportunity to:
- Perform A and C checks
- Follow PM guidelines
- Repair engines, drivelines, steering, suspensions, brake systems, frames, axles, electrical, hydraulic and air conditioning systems
- Diagnose electrical issues.
- Road test vehicles to ensure quality of work performed
- Troubleshoot and repair lift gates as required
- Diagnoses and/or corrects problems with Cummins and International diesel engines and Allison automatic transmissions using computer diagnostic equipment and or maintenance manuals.
- Diagnose and repair issues with brakes, steering and other truck components in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with approved policy.
- Perform routine services and MTO inspections; records readings, and repairs made.
- Lubricates, oil changes, and battery services.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Minimum 4 years of mechanic experience on light and heavy equipment
- Current 310T certification
- Experience with MaxxForce DT & Cummins ISB platforms.
- A current valid G Class or higher Driver’s License ∙
- Satisfy all Ministry of Transportation requirements
- Action oriented and able to work well under pressure
- 4 (four) years’ experience.
- Experience with DPF/DOC/SCR after treatment exhaust systems would be an asset.
- Must be able to read and understand electrical schematics and ladder logics for the purpose of repair.
- Must have Air Conditioning experience and have a valid ODP (Ozone Depletion Prevention) card or successfully obtain card as a condition of employment. ∙ Must have a valid certificate to operate a fork lift, or successfully obtain as a condition of employment.
- Must be resourceful and have initiative to work with little supervision.
Some of the benefits:
- Union position
- A yearly tool allowance
- Education Program
- Health Wellness Programs
- Competitive & Employer Pension and Benefits Plans
- Free employee parking